Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Illusion of Perfection

I do not know if any of you have fallen into this trap, though I am suspecting it might not just be me. Do you dream of perfection somewhere in your life? Is there one area of your life that you have felt frustrated as no matter how hard you work towards perfection in this one area you view yourself as failing? Take a moment and look within the 7 areas of life: Spiritual, Mental, Vocational, Financial, Physical, Social & Familial. Connect for one moment secretly in you mind the area in which you have desired perfect, yet still have not obtained it. It shall serve you as you continue.

I have to admit I have fallen prey to perfection thinking. During my younger years in certain areas of my life I would not consider anything, which did not meet my perfection standards. The great error to this is not allowing things as they are initially so they continue to get better and better. Refusing to acknowledge how things were transforming to my desired perfection made me feel powerless in being capable of ever obtaining my perfect vision.

Think of a small child who is first learning how to walk. In the child’s mind he/she has the visualization of what it looks like to walk. As anyone knows who has watched a small child, they have witnessed the child wobble, drop/fall, up again wobble drop fall over and over and over until the child can walk. Many of us at times have laughed in glee at the persistance of a small child failing to realize we are doing the same in our own life.

What do you think of the likelihood of a child learning to walk if after the first plop they gave up not reaching the perfection of walking? Well, I know if it were me I would still be crawling around on the floor as well as many of my friends with me. Would we be a funny looking population! LOL.

Think back on the one area in your life you have been dreaming of success in and also the form of success. When a small child falls, do you think they might think… “hmmmm… I almost got it, look how good I did. This time I am going to do it just a little different and see if I can get it to work?” Have you acknowledged the excellence of the tiny small stride you or others have made in the direction of your perfection view.

When I was younger I have mentioned I felt like a complete failure at personal relationships. This was very far from true as I was actively studying and learning how to do them better. In my perception I had kept dating the same terrible guy over and over again who merely had a different name. What I didn’t realize and honor were the tiny improvements I was making with each and every relationship. I could easily acknowledge I was doing this in my career, but with my intimate relationships I was unwilling to look at it. I only wanted the perfect dream of a relationship I had had since I was little.

The addiction to only settling for perfection was in effect causing me great pain and anguish. I am certain you may very well feel the same way about the idea of perfection you have had regarding something important in your life that hasn’t in your mind come to fruition as of yet. You, like me may have lost sleep over it or maybe even cried about it. Ok, so you probably didn’t cry, and I did shedding many tears of frustration. ;)

How would you like to make it come to fruition? What if I told you it will be extremely simple, though it will take effort and mainly the effort is daily practice. Would you still be willing to do it? Can you break free from society’s pull and demand of “I have to have it NOW and it has to by MY WAY!”?? If you are willing to do something different continue to read.

Everyday, journal 10 results you see/feel today in your perception of how your future idea of what you want in your life is coming to be true. Every single little tiny step along the way acknowledge how you are getting closer to your perfect vision. The gift of the God/Universe is what we thank about and realize for ourselves as coming true along the way, creates a domino effect of our dreams coming true for us in the vision of what we desire.

Henry Ford has a saying paraphrased here: “Whether you believe you can or you can’t in either case you are right.”

Believing in yourself and your dreams is powerful. The more you acknowledge they are coming true and being grateful for every small step everyday, the closer you come to having the life of your dreams according to the perfection of the perfect dream you have in your mind. God has instilled the idea or the belief in you, and you would only have it there if you were truly capable of making it happen.

Now, if you are really courageous and would like to consider how to make being grateful for heading in the direction even more effective here is how: Talk to those who are close to you. Verbalize to your friends and families how in your perception you are grateful of the steps you realize that are happening in forming the perfection in your mind. Yes, they will disagree with you at times, and despite the disagreement there is incredible power to be had by speaking it aloud. It will take you to the next level of faith in yourself to keep moving forward and owning you truly are accomplishing your dreams as you have envisioned them.

If you would like to learn more about these techniques or would like to learn about other tools you can use to create more of what you love in your life contact us at: Info@robinsonequation.com or visit our website at www.robinsonequation.com

Anyone who might be interested in improving their personal or work relationships please join us on a free tele-seminar on 10/28/2009 at 7pm CMT. To sign up please use the following link. http://bit.ly/2Jw9UV Thank you for allowing us to share our message with you. The Robinson Equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment